1. How does contact between a life coach and client work?
Contact can be made either face-to-face, by telephone or via MSN messenger over the internet. You must choose the media that suits you best as an individual.
2. What is the difference between coaching and therapy?
Coaching focuses on the present and moving forward towards the future towards what it is you want to do in life. Therapy tends to focus on the past ad any significant events or issues that occurred.
3. How do I choose a good life coach?
A good life coach is one that you have confidence in, a coach that promotes thought by you and creates shifts in your way of thinking that might be holding you back, helping you to take action and move closer towards what it is that you want in life. A good life coach will:
- Always wants the best for you;
- Will ensure there is a best fit between your goals and what is important to you;
- Keeps you on track towards your goals;
- Will be on hand to explore any obstacles you come across to help you understand them better and find a way forward;
- Will facilitate answers by you rather than give advice to you;
- Will follow up on their commitments to you.
4. Why will life coaching make a difference?
If you are looking at this life coaching page it is likely that you are looking to make a change, improvement or difference in your life in a particular area.
Life coaching acts as a catalyst working with you to help you to establish your goals (if you do not already know), ensuring that there is a fit with your values. They will help you remain focused overcoming any obstacles a long the way towards your goals.
5. How long does someone work with a life coach?
The duration for which someone works with a life coach varies from client to client. This is beacuse each client is unique in terms of their needs. The average time that people tend to have a life coach for is 3 months.
For some issues a shorter period of time is sufficient, for others a longer period of a year or more may be required.
Ethically I will not provide life coaching for a client who I believe no longer needs it.